Wheat free savory breakfast muffins
(Page 133 Is Food Making You Sick?)
- 1/2 cup plain flour with permitted ingredients
- 1/2 cup cornmeal or fine polenta
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup parmesan substitute [page 110]
- 1/4 cup fresh ricotta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 free-range eggs
- 1/2 cup grated zucchini (courgette)
- 1/4 cup chopped chives and parsley
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup sweet corn
- Pre-heat oven to 180º C (350º F) and oil the cups of a muffin tray.
- Beat together the polenta or cornmeal and flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl whisk together the ricotta, oil and eggs.
- Add the flour mixture and remaining ingredients. Stir well until all ingredients are combined
- With a spoon, dollop the mixture evenly into the muffin tray cups and bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in muffin tray for about 5 minutes before sliding a knife blade around the muffins to loosen them from the tray. Do not leave them cooling too long, or they might stick.
- Turn them out and allow them to cool completely on a wire rack, or eat them warm.
- These savory gluten free muffins are suitable to freeze. To serve, simply reheat in a microwave.