Recipe of the Month – July
Baked eggs with herbs (low histamine recipe)
From Page 151 of “Is Food Making You Sick?”
- 8 free-range pastured eggs
- 160ml (1/2 cup) thick, whipped cream of your choice [page 97], [page 102]
- 2 green salad onions or spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- rice bran oil
- toasted bread [“Breads” on page 193], sliced into fingers, to serve
- butter or other HIT-friendly spread for the toast
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Brush the insides of eight 125ml (1/2-cup) capacity ovenproof ramekins with rice bran oil.
- Break an egg into each ramekin.
- Pour the cream onto the eggs, sharing it evenly among ramekins. Sprinkle the chopped vegetables over the top and season with salt and pepper.
- Set ramekins on a baking tray in the oven, and cook for 10 minutes or until eggs are set according to your preference.
- Serve hot, accompanied by buttered toast fingers.